Air Force Common Admission Test is known for AFCAT Exam, It is going to be conducted by Indian Air Force (IAF), The AFCAT Exam is an entrance test for those students who want to join Indian Air Force. AFCAT Exam is going to be held twice a year in the month of February and August. AFCAT 2018 exam take place on 25 February 2018.
AFCAT is officer commissioned exam for three branches of Air Force
- Flying Branch(Short Service Commission only)
- Technical Branch (Short Service Commission & Permanent Commission)
- Ground Duty Branch (Short Service Commission & Permanent Commission )
AFCAT 2018 Exam can be applied to men and woman who have completed graduation with a minimum 60% Marks.
AFCAT Exam is going to be conducted online so if you are eligible you should visit official website Afcat.cdac.in and Submit examination form.
All Information AFCAT 1 2018 including eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, salary, recruitment of training and Books are provided in this article.
Note:- AFCAT 1 2018 notification has been released and registration for application form started from 14 December 2017 & will close on 23 January 2018.
Important News:- If you are in final year of graduation then also you can apply for AFCAT 2018 if you are satisfied with eligibility criteria and have to get more than 60% marks aggregate till now.
Everything About AFCAT 2018
Quick Facts About AFCAT 2018
|Name of the Exam||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam conducting authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Posts offered||Commissioned officers in flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Mode of Exam||Written Exam|
|Syllabus||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Availability of application form||19th December 2017|
|Eligibility Criteria||Branch wise eligibility criteria are given below.|
|Selection procedure||Written Exam, AFSB Interview, and Medical Test|
You can also check for CDS exam 2018 examination
What’s update in AFCAT 2018?
- NCC Special Entry (Flying) & Meteorology Branch:- Especially this year’s AFCAT examination will also be used to recruit NCC special Entry into flying branch and metrology branch under Ground Duty Branch.
- Aadhar Card: Aadhar card has been made compulsory for AFCAT 2018 application.
- Mode of Answering: – From this year onwards, the written test will be computer-based test (CBT)e. you will have to give the online exam.
- Application Fee: AFCAT 2018 will not be free of cost, rather an application fee of 250Rs. shall be taken as examination fee.
- Scanned Signature & Thumb Impression: Unlike the previous years, you must upload their scanned signature and thumb impression (left-hand thumb impression for male and right-hand thumb impression for female) this time.
What is the difference between CDS and AFCAT?
- AFCAT is different from CDS because CDS examination provides recruitment on all three military forces while AFCAT examination especially recruitment in Indian Air Force (IAF).
- AFCAT is providing a platform for three branches of Air Force –Flying Branch (Short Service Commission), Technical Branch(Permanent and Short service commission) and Ground duty branch (Permanent and Short service commission).
- However, CDS exam only recruiting flying officer for permanent commission.
AFCAT 1 2018 Important Dates
The official notification of AFCAT 2018 has been released by the concerned authority. Check table to get all important dates in given table:-
|Release of Notification for AFCAT 2018 (I)||16th December 2017|
|Submission of Online Applications||20th Dec 2017 (6:00 PM IST) – 23th Jan 2018|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Admit Cards||31st Jan 2018|
|AFCAT 2018 (1) Exam Date||25th February 2018|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Result Declaration||1st week of April 2018|
Check official advertisement for AFCAT-I 2018: Find Here
AFCAT 2018 Minimum Eligibility:-
You must fulfill the basic common minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by concerned authority to appear in AFCAT 2018 exam.
- You must have obtained 60% marks in graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E./B. Tech.
- You should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1995 and not later than 1st January 1999, your Date of birth is between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 1999.
Ground duty (Technical Branch)
- Minimum 60% marks in graduation level in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level
- You should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1999.
Note:- B.TECH/ BE students only can apply for a Technical job because after clearing AFCAT exam, you have to give EKT(Engineering Knowledge Test ) exam where only Engineers is eligible, It is not for BAC students.
Ground duty (Non-Technical Brach):-
- You must secure minimum 60% marks upon graduation in any branch.
- You should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1999.
Note:- Apart from above you must be physical and mentally strong, Physically disable person are not eligible.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form
AFCAT 1 2018 registrations are open now. Follow the link https://afcat.cdac.in/afcatreg/signup to Apply Now.
- Colored passport sized scanned photograph – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
- Scanned Signature – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
Thumb Impression (left thumb for male you and right thumb for female you) – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format
AFCAT 2018 FEE:-
When you apply for AFCAT 1 2018 examination then you have to pay 250-/ as an examination fee.
Examination fee can be paid by different method
- Credit/Debit Card.
- Challan payable at Axis Bank or HDFC Bank
- Net Banking
Special Tips:- There is no additional fee required for NCC special and Metrology branch, So when you fill AFCAT from then you must fill NCC special and Metrology form,
When you log in to the official site and create your account then you have to fill three form for AFCAT, NCC Special, and Metrology.
Step for Apply Afcat 2018:-
There are following steps are required to fill AFCAT 2018 form:-
- You Registration.
- Application form filling.
- Uploading the documents.
- City Selection.
- Payment of application form fee.
AFCAT 2018 admit card:-
- AFCAT 2018 Admit Card will be available on AFCAT 2018 website 3 weeks before the written exam i.e. on 31st Jan 2018.The You must take a print out of the Admit Card, as no Hard Copy of the same would be sent via post.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card at the time of exam along with other identity proofs like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving, License, etc., without which the applicants would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Link for downloading the admit card will be uploaded soon.
AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
AFCAT 2018 (both 1 & 2) Examination has two stages of selection—Written Examination and SSB Interview.
In Addition to the above two tests, you will have to go through:
- An EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) stage if you are applying for Ground Duty (Technical) Branch.
- A PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) stage if you are applying for Flying Branch.
|Particulars||AFCAT Written Exam||EKT Test (For Technical Ground Duty only)||SSB Interviews|
|No of Questions||100 questions.||50 questions||–|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for the correct answer.
-1 mark for wrong answer
|3 marks for the correct answer.
-1 mark for the wrong answer
|Total Marks||300 marks||150 marks||–|
|Subject/Sections||· General Awareness.
· Verbal Ability.
· Quantitative Ability.
· Logical Reasoning.
· Military Aptitude Test.
|Engineering Discipline related subjects||· Phase I testing – Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test
· CPSS / PABT * (for Flying Branch)
· Psychological test
· Group tests / Interview
|Mode of Answering||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||–|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type/ MCQs||Objective Type/MCQs||–|
EKT Exam Pattern
EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant for testing candidate’s engineering knowledge (as the name explains). The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
The EKT test will take place just after the AFCAT 2018 exam. It is a 45-minutes long test with 50 questions. Each correct answer is given 3 marks while 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
AFCAT 2018 Syllabus
AFCAT 2018 detailed syllabus is given below, It is in .pdf format you can easily download syllabus by click here:-
AFCAT Selection Process
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the written examination.
- You shortlisted on the basis of written exam, will have to face Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test will include Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Those who will qualify the Stage-I will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II will include Psychological Test, Group Test to check interactive ability, personal conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- The entire process will take at least 5-6 days.
- You will qualify the SSB/Interview, will go through the medical examination.
- At the end, an all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test and interview.
AFCAT 2017 Cut Off
|AFCAT Written Exam||150/300|
AFCAT 2018 Results
- AFCAT 01 2018 results will be tentatively declared in the 1st week of April 2018.
- The candidates qualifying for the written examination will be allowed to appear for the SSB Interviews.
- Candidates will be provided nearly 15 days to select a venue for SSB interviews out of 6 AFSB centers.
Click Below to get complete detail of upcoming exams which is going to be held in 2018.