The CDS Exam (Combined Defense Service Examination) is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service (UPSC) with the aim to provide career opportunity to those who are seeking their career in Indian Navy Academy(INA), Indian Air Force Academy(IAF), Officer Training Academy(OTA) and Indian Military Academy(IMA). This CDS examination is conducted in two phase.
Detail of CDS (I) & (II) exam
- Number of posts available for Indian Military Academy (IMA) – 200 Seats
- Number of posts available for Air Force Academy (AFA) – 32 Seats
- Number of posts available for Officers Training Academy (Men) (OTA) – 175 Seats
- Number of posts available for Indian Naval Academy (INA) – 45 Seats
- Number of posts available for Officers Training Academy (Non-Technical, Women) (OTA) – 12 Seats
- 1 CDS 2019-20 I & II Important Dates:
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam 2019
- 3 CDS Exam 2019 Application Form: How to Apply
- 4 CDS 2019 Examination Centers
- 5 CDS 2019 Exam Pattern:
- 6 CDS Exam 2019 Pattern For OTA
- 7 UPSC CDS 2018 Selection Procedure:
- 8 UPSC CDS Admit Card 2019:
- 9 UPSC CDS Exam Cut Off 2019:
- 10 UPSC CDS Online Test Series 2018:
CDS 2019-20 I & II Important Dates:
|Events||CDS (I) Exam Dates||CDS (II) Exam Dates|
|Official Application form announced date||November 2018||August 2019|
|Online application form submission date start||November 2018||September 2019|
|Last date of application form date||December 2018||September 2019|
|Admit card download date||January 2019||November 2019|
|Date of exam||February 2019||November 2019|
|Result date Announced||May 2019||December 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam 2019
Candidates must satisfy prescribed eligibility criteria before applying CDS 2018 exam. The important CDS 2018 Eligibility conditions are as follows:
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National.
Marital status: candidate should not be married.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed criteria of Combined Defense Services Examination.
CDS 2019 Age limit: For INA, IMA, AFA courses age limit from 20 to 24 if applying for IMA and 25 years in applying for OTA. Age relaxation is the beneficial factor that Indian Government has provided for reserved categories.
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 years|
|Naval Academy||19-25 years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19-25 years|
|Air Force Academy||19-24 years|
- Degree in engineering programme from only a recognized university is required when applying for the posts like Indian Naval Academy.
- Posts like OTA and IMA requires that applicant should have a degree from a recognized university or correspondent
- When applying for any other posts, a degree from a recognized university with Physics and Math at 12th Level is compulsory.
CDS Exam 2019 Application Form: How to Apply
UPSC will be made the CDS 1 & CDS 2 Application Form available for the aspirants from November 2018 and in August 2019.
The Application Form will be available in two parts i.e. part I and part 2.
Candidates can apply online only by visiting the official website upsc.gov.in of conducting authority.
No Application Form will be accepted by UPSC in any other mode except online.
- Rs 200/ (OBC category and General) need to pay a fee by the applicable Candidates
- Fee charges are not applicable for any of the Female candidates and SC/ST.
CDS 2019 Examination Centers
Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam are examination center for CDS exam 2019. Distribution of examination centers will be done on the basis of the first-apply-first-serve basis. Therefore, candidates are recommended to apply on an early basis so that they could get an examination center of their choice.
Candidates should note that there would be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centers except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur.
CDS 2019 Exam Pattern:
You should be aware of the examination pattern, to start the preparation for CDS 2019 Exam. The distribution of subjects and the marking scheme play a major role in development. Here we will give you with the brief idea about the structure and pattern of the examination CDS 2019. To attempt all the questions on time you should be aware of the number of questions asked in the recruitment of CDS 2019 Exam 1 & 2 and the total duration.
CDS Exam 2018 Pattern for INA, IMA, IAA
|ELEMENTARY MATHS||100||2 HOURS|
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||100||2 HOURS|
|TOTAL DURATION||6 HOURS|
CDS Exam 2019 Pattern For OTA
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||100||2 HOURS|
|TIME DURATION||–||4 HOURS|
UPSC CDS Exam 2019 Syllabus:
|General knowledge||Current events, daily newspaper headlines, chemistry, history, geography etc.|
|ELEMENTARY MATHS||Number System, Unitary Method compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation, Elementary Number Theory. H.C.F. and L.C.M, Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms, Algebra, trigonometry, geometry, areas, menstruation, and statistics|
|English||Basic grammar topics, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, Para jumbles and error spotting.|
For Detailed CDS Syllabus Click Here
(TO DOWNLOAD CDS SYLLABUS 2018 PDF CLICK HERE)
UPSC CDS 2018 Selection Procedure:
A huge number of allowances and benefits are given to the army personnel. The pay scale of the military men starts from 15000/- rupees per month with many extra benefits. The officer is also provided with a personal car and a house. CDS 2019 online exam has following three stages:
- After the submission of the application form CDS Exam 2019. The Exam date will be given on the official website.
- You will get selected for SSB Interview, after the selection in the online written test.
- The SSB Selection Process will test the physical and mental ability of the candidate.
- Selected Candidates will be called for the last step that is document verification followed by personal interview.
So these were the three phases of the choice methodology of the CDS Recruitment 2019. The test level of CDS Examination is high. The three portions i.e. general information, English, and mathematics ought to be adapted completely. To get ready for this examination, self-study is a must, past that, you can likewise purchase online study materials and take online test series.
UPSC CDS Admit Card 2019:
All the applicants who will successfully submit their CDS Application Form can avail the CDS Admit Card 2018 from the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
Note: No e-Admit Card will be sent by post, All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail ID while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them
UPSC CDS Exam Cut Off 2019:
Cut-off Marks are the minimum marks required to qualify one examination. UPSC CDS Cut-Off Marks 2018 will be released soon after the publication of result. And every department will be assigned a cut-off. These cut-off marks will be based on two factors difficulty level of the paper, Number of vacancies, Number of Students Appeared in the examination.
UPSC CDS Online Test Series 2018:
To perform better as well as crack examination, you have to practice on the right direction, so here we provide UPSC CDS 2018 Online test series and free mock test for enriching your knowledge regarding pattern and structure of question paper. This test will help to determine your current situation and position. The test mentioned here will be based on new pattern and updated syllabus.
We have listed CDS Exam Papers for last 10 years which will surely be of great help in qualifying the examination.
To avail these exam tips, you can refer following article Click here