SSC CGL exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, this exam is for all India level in which CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level. We have started a thread of articles for SSC CGL exam in which we will try to touch all the aspects like courses, books to study, post offered, examination process and test papers etc. So, be in touch to get all information regarding SSC CGL 2019.
- 1 What is SSC CGL?
- 2 Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit for SSC CGL 2019 Exam
- 3 SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
- 4 Mode & Marking Pattern of SSC CGL 2019 Exam
- 5 Important Dates of SSC CGL Exam 2019
What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL is an exam which is organized by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit all graduate aspirants at India level in various government sector like Income Tax Dept., CAG, IB, CBI
To get the UPSC/IAS exam detail click here
Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit for
SSC CGL 2019 Exam
- An applicant must be a resident of India.
- The candidate must also hold the required educational qualification for each post to be filled through SSC CGL 2019 exam.
|SSC CGL 2019 Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer|| Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university|
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost and Management
Accountant/Masters in Commerce/Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post|| Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with 60% aggregate in Mathematics in Class 12th|
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with statistics as one of the subjects in Graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subjects|
|All other Posts||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university|
- The candidate must fall under the prescribed age limit specified by the Government of India, the detail to which is mentioned below:
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL 2019 Post Name|
|18-30 years||Assistant (Group B)|
Assistant Section Officer A, D, E, G |
Sub-Inspector (Group B)
|18-30 years||Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)|
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Upper Division Clerk
Assistant Account Officer
|Not exceeding 30 years||
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector of Preventive Officer
Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Section Officer
Inspector of Income Tax
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Investigator|
|Up to 30 years||
Assistant Enforcement Officer
- A candidate is required to be physically fit as per the standards of the inspector as there are some prerequisites for physical fitness for the post of Inspector (Central/State Excise/Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and sub-inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
- If you are eligible for this examination you can apply here.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
There are total four tiers of this exam in which Tier 1 & Tier 2 is compulsory for all the post while tier 3 is compulsory for ‘Statistical Investigator Gr. II’ & ‘Compiler’ and tier 4 is for ‘Assistant Audit Officer’.To appear in all these tiers you will have to clear all the previous tier respectively.
For PSU’ GAIL Exam Detail click here
Mode & Marking Pattern of SSC CGL 2019 Exam
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 of CGL exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Tier 3 is a descriptive test to be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Tier 4 is just conducted to test proficiency in computer knowledge.
- Duration of Tier 1 is 60 minutes, Tier 2 is 2 hours for each paper and for Tier 3 is 60 minutes.
- As for marking scheme, for Tier 1, 3 and 4, 0.50 marks are deducted for each wrong answer. For Tier 2, 0.25 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Syllabus & Pattern for Tier 1
|Number of Papers||1|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Total Number of S||4|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
General Awareness/ General knowledge
|Negative marking||0.50 marks deduction for each wrong answer|
|Total Time||75 |
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Syllabus & Pattern for Tier 2
|Number of Papers||4|
|Subjets||Paper- 1: Quantitative Ability|
Paper-2: English Language and Comprehension
Paper-3: Statistics (only for post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler
Paper-4: General Studies (Finance and Economics) (Only for the post of Assistant Audit Officer)
|Total Marks||800 (200 for each paper)|
|Total Time||2 hours for each paper|
|Negative Marking||0.25 mark deduction for each wrong answer|
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Syllabus & Pattern for Tier 3
|NUmber of Papers||1|
|Total Time||1 hour|
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Syllabus & Pattern for Tier 4
Mode of Exam
Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
Only for candidates applying for post of Assistant Section Officer
Three modules: Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Generation of Slides
Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
Only for candidates applying for the post of Tax assistants (in Central Excise and Income Tax)
Criteria: 8000 key depression per hour
Important Dates of SSC CGL Exam 2019
The new notification for SSC CGL 2019 will be announced in last week of October as per expected and Exam will be conducted for that notification in 2020, currently, the expected examination date of SSC CGL which was notified in 2018 is as below:
|SSC CGL Tier-I||04th June to 19th June 2019|
|SSC CGL Tier-II||11th September to 13th September 2019 (CBE)*|
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des)||29th December 2019 (MORNING)|
|SSC CGL 2019 Tier-IV Exam||To be notified later|