Starting with some most common but important points that add up to your personality and Light up your Life with Confidence
- 1 Most Common Points but Important Ones
- 2 Important Factors For Good Personality
- 3 Develop Positive Qualities
- 4 Are you a Leader with Strong Will?
- 5 Tips for Personal Development
- 6 How Personality Development Related to Life?
Most Common Points but Important Ones
- Laugh as much you can. Laughter is a positive, natural condition which helps to improve respiration, lower blood pressure and tone up the heart.
- If you feel sad, cry. Research has shown that tears not only provides stress relief but also helps the body get rid of harmful chemical substances. If you suppress your natural instincts cry, you are increasing your chances of facing a stress-related disorder.
- Anger is a killer. Diseases like high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease are all results of uncontrolled anger. Find a positive way such as physical exercise or talking about your problem to release it.
- Lack of self-confidence can be very destructive, so build it up. You can do this by imagining that you are creating an advertisement for yourself, writing down all your good qualities. You will be surprised to find how many good qualities you have.
- Smile as often as you can. If someone sees you smiling, he will smile back. He would also like your company.
- Learn to be courageous. In hospitals, the patients who live longest are the ones who bear their condition with courage. The same is true in life also.
- Boredom is one of the biggest killers. Be prepared to take risk and chance to add excitement to your life. If you don’t take a risk, you will never know what you can achieve.
- Put purpose into life. By adding ambition, hope, and purpose, you will give yourself new powers to fight stress and strain associated with frustration, boredom, and pressure.
- Get into the habit of following your instincts. Practice first with minor decisions – what to eat and wear. You will be surprised to know the power of your subconscious mind.
Important Factors For Good Personality
The three important factors of good personality are sincerity, knowledge, and service.
Sincerity means being yourself. Of course, you cannot help imitating those you admire, but imitating is not copying. Study the good qualities of those you admire and strive to develop them in yourself.
The second factor is knowledge. Ignorance leads to fear; knowledge gives confidence. Read widely and wisely. The real purpose of reading is not to accumulate knowledge but to use it.
Social service gives extensive opportunities for self-expression; it helps to cultivate tact and teaches tolerance; it stresses the futility of flattery and exposes the hollowness of hypocrisy. Serve your neighbor and you will learn a lot about leadership.
To develop a good personality you need enthusiasm and determination. Study yourself. Make a list of your good qualities and list of your shortcomings. Cultivate good habits to replace the bad ones.
Make full use of your time and widen your interest in life. Above all, be sincere, be wise and be useful.
Develop Positive Qualities
Personal deficiencies might be turned negative and include unreliability failure to co-operate, laziness, untidiness, troublemaking, interference, and dishonesty. Positive qualities would include willingness, cheerfulness, courtesy, honesty, neatness, reliability and temperance. Many fail in their work because they are unable to overcome one personal deficiency. Check up on yourself. Don’t be afraid to put yourself under a microscope. Develop your positive ones.
Are you a Leader with Strong Will?
We need leaders who cannot be bought; whose word is their bond; who put character above wealth; whose possess opinions and strong will; who are larger than their vocations; who do not hesitate to take chances; who will not lose their individuality in a crowd; who will be as honest in small things as in great things; who will make no compromise with wrong; whose ambitions are not confined to their own selfish desires; who will not say they do it “because everybody else does it”; who are true to their friends in adversity as well as in prosperity; who do not believe that shrewdness, cunning, and hard-heartedness are the best qualities for winning success; who are not ashamed or afraid to stands for truth when it is unpopular; who can say “no” with emphasis although all the rest of the world says “yes”.
Tips for Personal Development
Effective Speaking: Speaks clearly without monotones. Be brief, poetic and say something humorous and unexpected. Do not speak from a ‘pedestal’. Be one with an audience.
Concentration: Concentration comes from a love. Hence love your subject. Be a good listener by hearing about things that you love.
Self-Confidence: You are a child of a universe. With any amount of disabilities you are yourself and you have a right to be here.
Enthusiasm: Be enthusiastic and you will be overwhelmed by enthusiasm around.
Decision: Decide act soon. If you are wrong, there is time to correct.
Win Friends: Be genuine. Make everybody feel great.
Faith: Have faith, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Positive Mental Attitude: Expect the good. Beware of dangers. Plan for emergencies. And above all “Be true to yourself”.
If a man is gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world.
Develop the skill to kill fear: Fear is a feeling of inability to face a situation. Fear makes a man unwell on the physical and mental planes. He experienced anxiety, depression, doubt and like shattering all his hopes.
How Personality Development Related to Life?
Most of the irrational fears are connected emotionally with the early years and even some periods of life of the sufferer. At the time he was treated with indifference by his parents or relatives. This had resulted in a great terror which he rubbed off from his conscious mind to remain alive in the world. The fear impression sunk deep into his life a new similar situation brings it into consciousness. Each time he becomes conscious of his unconquered fear, it becomes stronger than ever before and causes in his mind painful anxiety.
You can break your fear habits by projecting courageous and delightfully positive thought pictures coping with situations that have terrorized you in the past. You must also feed yourself with the suggestion that you are strong enough to face every problem with confidence.
“Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” ―Morihei Ueshiba
As you go on cultivating a more optimistic attitude towards life. Your fear will drop away and you will enjoy meeting the challenge of life’s adventure with hope, courage, and confidence.