Infosys Limited (formerly Infosys Technologies Limited) is an Indian multinational corporation that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. It has its headquarters in Bengaluru, India. This article is totally based on Infosys HR Interview Questions, for those who are interested to make there careers in Infosys like Companies.
Let’s Start with some Basic but most important questions:
- 1 1. Tell Me About Yourself
- 2 2. Why should I hire you?
- 3 3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- 4 4. Why do you want to work at our company?
- 5 5. What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?
- 6 6. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
- 7 7. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
- 8 8. Can you work under pressure?
- 9 9. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- 10 10. What are your goals?
- 11 11. What motivates you to do a good job?
- 12 12. What makes you angry?
- 13 13. Give me an example of your creativity.
- 14 14. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
- 15 15. Are not you overqualified for this position?
- 16 16. Describe your ideal company, location, and job.
- 17 17. What are your career options right now?
- 18 18. Explain how would be an asset to this organization?
- 19 19. What are your outside interests?
- 20 20. Would you lie for the company?
- 21 21. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
- 22 22. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
- 23 23. Have you considered starting your own business?
- 24 24. How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition?
- 25 25. If you won $10 million lotteries, would you still work?
- 26 26. Tell me something about our company?
- 27 27. How much salary do you expect?
- 28 28. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- 29 29. On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.
- 30 30. Do you have any questions for me?
1. Tell Me About Yourself
This is the most common interview question and we explain it very well in our previous article. Click to know the answer:-
2. Why should I hire you?
This is one of the Infosys HR Interview Questions and answers like that Sir, as I am fresher, I have theoretical knowledge but I can do hard work for my organization. And I will put all my efforts for the good progress of the organization. Being punctual and sincere, I can finish the work given to me on time and try my best to fulfill all the needs of the company from me.
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Sir, I think my greatest strength is my positive attitude even during the hardest times. During my college project, we faced certain difficulties in implementing the project and my teammates were frustrated. At that time I had to believe and think positively to motivate my teammates and ultimately we completed that project successfully.
My weakness is that I am a perfectionist. Sometimes I concentrate too much on a single task and until it is done perfectly I cannot concentrate on my health. I am too workaholic that my friends and family members complain about it.
4. Why do you want to work at our company?
I’m a fresher. I have some skills, knowledge and educational qualifications for this job. My educational qualifications are matching to your company recruitment. I need a platform to establish my career. Your company is a well-reputed company. Here I can grow up my skills, knowledge and learn new things and utilize my knowledge which will be helpful for me in my future.
5. What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?
Confidence is “I can do it” attitude, while overconfidence is “only I can do it “attitude of a person. Confidence is necessary for the person to gain success while overconfidence can ruin one’s success.
6. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
With the help of both, we can achieve the result. But the only thing which makes the difference is Time taken.
Hard work consumes more time whereas smart consumers less.
We should achieve the result in a smart way by working hard.
In my opinion, smart work may fail Sometime but not hard work. That why I choose to do work hard and but I apply my smartness to remove hurdles in the path of achieving results.
7. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
Frankly speaking, no one wants to work on nights and weekends. Because we have our loved ones (parents, wife) who are thinking that at least at night and weekends I am free and I can devote my time to them and make them feel happy. But if it is about our company reputation then I am ready to work in nights because after all, our company is also my family because it gives me status, reputation, money which makes our love ones too proud.
8. Can you work under pressure?
Yes sir, because for me pressure means the job is challenging and that means it will help me grow and learn.
And pressure helps me to work more accurately and help to gain new experience.
9. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
Well, I love traveling and exploring new places and also relocation plays a major role in developing our career through facing the new people, new place, and new environment. So I’ve no problem with it.
10. What are your goals?
My ultimate goal is to make my family proud of me.
Right now, my goal is to get a job in a well-reputed organization like of yours!
Secondly, I have a desire to add myself to my company profit that my name should always be there in success face of whichsoever company I worked!
11. What motivates you to do a good job?
My family expectation, a decent job environment, a desire to reach new heights, high pay package, and a job security motivates me to do a good job!
12. What makes you angry?
It makes me angry when people judge me before knowing who am I.
13. Give me an example of your creativity.
Creativity is nothing but the representation of old things with the new and innovative prospect. That never happened earlier.
In my school life, I had developed a model to the solar power plant, to produce electricity in more efficient way. And that is appreciated by all.
14. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
I would like to pursue my career here for as long as I have the opportunity to. I would like to remain employed here as long as my services are needed. I like new challenges and a chance to grow. As long I keep getting these, I don’t think I’ll need to switch over.
15. Are not you overqualified for this position?
As a fresher, I don’t think I am overqualified because I don’t have any work experience and I think experience speaks more than qualification.
(More: THE NO.1 WAY TO GETTING HIRED)
16. Describe your ideal company, location, and job.
My ideal company is one which provides me a healthy environment, a group of intellectuals peoples and where my boss encourages me.
My ideal job is which provide opportunities to do more better in life and add myself to company profit and also to my nation growth.
And where these two aspects are found that is my perfect location.
17. What are your career options right now?
Right now, my career option is to get placed in a reputed company like yours where I would enrich my professional skills and contribute myself to the growth of the company.
18. Explain how would be an asset to this organization?
Sir, with all respect, I am not going to present myself as being the perfect candidate for your organization, because we are all human beings and we are not expressions of perfection, but what I am going to tell you is that I am a passionate person who works hard to make his presence worth. I am sure there might be things that I don’t know how to accomplish, but I am eager to learn and do my best.
19. What are your outside interests?
My outside interest is playing outdoor games and reading novels.
20. Would you lie for the company?
It depends on the situation. If it is good for the Company but not guilt for anyone other. Then it will be fine for me because as per my opinion if I used to lie somebody without any harm to anybody I won’t bother to lie.
For example, if two of my friends are not talking since last two months then I can lie to make them together.
21. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
According to me, inspiration means the person who gives you the courage to fight with our problems in a mature way. In my life, many people inspired me some are encouraged and some are discouraged me.
I learned from that both people when I doing something someone encourages me at that.
The time I feel do that work in a better way. When someone discouraged me at that time I feel I’ll do it that work and shows them my capabilities.
22. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
Sir, taking decisions are not tough, the tough is to move with that decision and in the same way once we take the decision even though it’s tough. It seems like an easy decision only.
23. Have you considered starting your own business?
No. I haven’t. But don’t you think this is also a kind of business venture. I am willing to sell my skills through service and will be paid.
24. How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition?
For me, success is making an improvement in all field compared to the past. Whether that field is my parent’s happiness, my skill, knowledge or my satisfaction in life.
Because for me success is a journey and not a destination.
25. If you won $10 million lotteries, would you still work?
Yes, I will work because if luck can bring me a lottery, then fate can make me lose it as well.
26. Tell me something about our company?
It’s one of the best & fastest growing companies in India. People feel proud to be the part of this company so I have the best opportunity to show my talent.
27. How much salary do you expect?
Sir, I am a fresher. Salary is not the first priority for me. I want to improve my knowledge and skill and gain experience. Give me a salary as per your company standards and which fulfills my economical needs.
28. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Well after five years, I’d like to be one of the experienced individuals with lots of skills and knowledge gained within the organization and be able to share my skills and knowledge with your newly employed people.
29. On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.
Sorry sir but I am not able to rate you. Because I can’t judge any person in a short time. But I definitely say that I feel good to interact with you.
(More: THE NO.1 WAY TO GETTING HIRED)
30. Do you have any questions for me?
First of all, thank you for giving me this nice opportunity.
I would like to know your good name and your position in the organization sir so, I can answer to my friend, my teacher, my family that who took my interview and I also want to know about my weakness because you interviewed me and as an experienced person you can tell me what was my weakness so, I will try my best to enhance my knowledge.
Hope these questions are useful for you and you really get help from these Infosys HR Interview questions and answers. If need any help you can comment below.